Students at Flynn expand their learning through art, music and physical education classes to be well-rounded students as they prepare for Middle School. Courtney Asaro is a certified STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) teacher who assists infusing these elements into our curriculum throughout Flynn. Visit our class pages to learn more about student learning and projects.
Our library is open during regular school hours. We invite families to select books to share at home together. Flynn students visit our library each week for a 45 minute literacy and/or technology lesson. Contact School Librarian, Amy Cudney, at email@example.com or Library Assistant, Carol Livingston, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website.
School nurse, Mary Dunsmore, is available Monday – Friday during school hours. She supports student success by providing health care through assessment, intervention and follow up for children within the school setting. The School Nurse works with students, families, staff, medical providers and other community resources to support the physical, mental, emotional and social health needs of all the children in their learning process. Mary can be contacted at 864-8478 x51003.
Top 5 Reasons to Keep you Child Home From School
- Fever – Your child should be fever free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication, before returning to school.
- Vomiting – In the case of illness, your child should be free from vomiting for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Diarrhea – In the case of illness, your child should be free from diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Cough – If your child has a severe or persistant cough that is keeping them from sleeping at night or would significantly impact their classroom learning, please keep them home until improved.
- Antibiotics – If your child is taking antibiotics for a condition or illness that is contagious and could be spread to others, it is generally reccomended that your child stay home from school for 24 hours after starting antibiotics. Other situations may apply, check with your child’s doctor for their reccomendation.
Our team prepare nutritious school meals daily for our Flynn students. Visit our District School Food Project Website to learn more about food at school.