Our school is participating in Winter Walk to School Day on next Friday, February 16! This initiative is brought to you by Local Motion, the Burlington-based nonprofit organization that encourages biking and walking.
Winter Walk to School Day is a morning when we encourage students to walk or ride (bikes, wheelchairs, scooters, skateboards) to school together, see our community in a new light AND have some fun outside in the winter! Giving children opportunities for fresh air and physical activity before school gets their bodies and minds ready to learn.
Ditch the car and take a little extra time to come to school under your own power on Friday. Make a plan with students in your neighborhood and walk to school together! When students arrive at school, there will be a small celebration outside!
- Please be sure to dress your child warmly. Your child should be prepared for cold weather.
- Wear a warm hat and mittens
- Wear warm, waterproof boots
- Wear a warm, windproof coat
- Bright and light colors are best to wear in the winter. Something reflective is even better!
- We’d love to have you join us! Spending time outside with your child is a lot of fun, and this is a great way to have an excuse to explore your neighborhood together. Plus, physical activity doesn’t just help your child concentrate better in school–it’ll set you up for a boost of energy and focus for the rest of your day as well.
- We will only cancel the Winter Walk To School for rain. In that case, we’ll try again for the following Friday, Feb. 23.